August 2, 2012

Shot 1.... DONE!!!!


This morning my wonderful husband helped show me how to draw up the drugs and gave me my very first shot! I am very grateful he was trained to be a combat lifesaver and knows all the ins and outs of this stuff because when the box arrived with all the needles.... I won't lie.... I got really overwhelmed. Like what-in-the-world-have-i-gotten-myself-into kinda overwhelmed. All I keep thinking is, and it may be a lie, I remember hearing that if there is an air bubble in a shot it can kill you. Gulp. So yeah, once the needles arrived I started getting nervous. Last night I think I woke up a million times looking at the clock wondering if it was time to deal with the first shot. My hubby was really careful and did a great job though. One down.... quite a few to go!

-Sally

1 comment:

  1. You did it!! I'm proud, and you're my hero since you're doing for ME! I remember that overwhelmed feeling when I opened my box of meds. Especially looking at all the needles! (They send way more than you'll ever need, by the way. I ended up donating my unused ones to an animal shelter when I was done.)

    Also, I think the air bubble thing is only true if it's injected into a vein or something... Plus, I think it has to be a pretty LARGE air bubble, and I don't think your hubster would do that to you. ;)

    ReplyDelete

You CAN comment even if you don't have a Blogger account. From the drop-down menu, simply select the "Name/URL" option (and leave URL blank) or "Anonymous" (and sign your first name so we know who you are). Easy/peasy. ;)