We're taking steps.
Not little steps.
Huge steps.
HUGE! :)
And once again, I'm terrified... but at the same time I'm extremely excited!
A couple weeks ago we drove 6 hours to visit with Sally & her family for the weekend, and make our first visit to a nearby fertility clinic. That was the first step, and it went really well! We are definitely happy with the clinic and the doctor we met with, and are thankful that he didn't have any reservations with us proceeding. He met with all four of us together, and then with each couple separately, so we ended up being there almost 4 hours (but it didn't feel like it!). They can't do much until we have a legal contract in place, so that puts the ball in our court.
So... We've taken another step and have retained a lawyer so we can start the contract phase. :) Once the contract has been finalized, our embryos can be shipped to the clinic and the doctor can start getting Sally ready to carry one of them!
It's hard to believe after two long years, we're finally going forward.
I am more hopeful than I've been in a very long time.
One of our tiny babies is finally getting a chance at life.
*Excuse me while I gulp back tears*
I am beyond thrilled that this is really happening!
Please, God... please let this work.
-E
I love this update. LOVE! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm just speechless. So my prayers will say it all, I promise!!!!! xoxoxo
ReplyDelete